REBECCA ONLEY

REBECCA ONLEY

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Penrith is getting a church

I was contacted this week by the missionary in England. (Always great to hear from them) Well when Luke and I was over there on our survey trip we were praying about working in a town called Penrith which is about 30 miles from the Scotland border. There is a community center there called Evergreen Community Center and there were park benches out front Luke and I sat on those benches and prayed that the Lord would use us in someway to start a church there. Well in a round about way the Lord used us. After Lukes accident I really began praying about the people in Penrith I could not get them off my mind and still cant. When I went over last summer to England one of the missionaries asked me to share a testimony about the accident and how the Lord was using me now. I also included in there about Penrith and how despretly those people need the gospel little did I know the Lord used that testimony and began working in a couples hearts about going to Penrith. This last week they went and secured the Evergreen Community Center to start Penrith Baptist Church! Praise the Lord. Today I just got news that the first service is going to be held in April 2011. Great news. The Lord is answering my prayers. Its hard because it is not Luke and I going to be there and starting the church but praise the Lord even though Luke is gone his name is still carried on there in England. I am hoping and praying there might be a chance I can get out there to see the church in action. Please pray with me about the possiblility of going over for another visit.

1 comment: